Actually, the term we prefer is “play d’oh!” (exclamation mark optional). A few of our favorites:
- Bleating “I love you” on a one-night stand, right as you climax.
- Crying right after you climax (especially common after ex sex).
- Accidentally drunk-dialing your boss’s cellphone instead of your ex’s — and tuning out during the recorded message so you end up leaving your boss a voicemail to remember.
- Wearing that pair of undies with the skid mark because you’re “only stopping by the bar for one quick drink,” and ending up in bed with a beautiful stranger.
- Forgetting someone’s name at the exact moment they moan, “Say my name.”
- Wiping so thoroughly right before a hook-up that you leave a teeny wad of TP wedged between your cheeks.
Learn how to avoid making your own play d’ohs in our book Rec Sex: An A-Z Guide to Hooking Up.