To count down to the Sundance Film Festival, we’re blogging about some of our favorite movie moments in the festival’s history. Back in December we wrote about the¬†Top 10 Lessons in Love from Sundance flicks, then last week we covered the¬†Top 10 Lessons in Young Love. This week, it’s odd couples!¬†Romeo and Juliet,¬† Louis and Clark, Donny and Marie these couples are not:
- Crazy Love: An ambulance-chasing attorney with a wife and disabled child¬†hires a thug to throw lye in the face of his ex-mistress. She’s disfigured¬†and half blinded, he goes to jail. Fifteen years later they marry. True¬†story. WTF?!
- The Last Word: A woman falls for a man she doesn’t realize writes suicide¬†notes for a living, including the note left by her dead brother.
- Humpday: Two straight male friends end up in a dare to make a gay¬†porno…with them as the stars.
- Choke: A sex-addicted, Colonial-America reenactor/conman + a mental¬†patient who wants to have his baby.
- Zoo: A man and his horse. But this ain’t no “Black Stallion.” It’s the¬†true-life story of a family man who dies of peritonitis due to perforation¬†of the colon after engaging in receptive anal sex with a horse. Whoa Nellie!