Long-time reader (and unofficial EMandLO.com sage!) Johnny said the following in response to our post “Blog Snog: Why Women Cheat — A Married Man Goes Undercover”:
Women cheat because:
- Â They are no longer sexually excited by their partners.
- They are no longer emotionally excited by their partners.
- Their partners are no longer sexually or emotionally interested in them either, and the good feelings they get from being lusted after anew outweigh the bad feelings they get from doing something wrong.
- They got married too young, with too little sexual experience under their belts, and now that the penis holds no further terror for them, theyâ€™re just dying to know what a casual screw with a hot stranger is like.
- Itâ€™s been a long since theyâ€™ve had an adrenaline rush of any kind.
â€¦ and those are just the circumstantial cheaters, who I classify as imperfect but forgivable human beings. The inveterate cheaters, who are just pieces of shit, have their own set of reasons:
- They get off on deceit.
- They have ulterior motivations for being in a relationship at all, such as gold-digging, and never even considered being faithful.
- They are toxic, abusive personalities, and they thrive on the emotional destruction wrought by infidelity.
- They just canâ€™t be satisfied with a single sexual partner, which I would consider forgivable, except that they really should have been up front with their partners about that from the start.
Am I pretty much on the money?