Reader Pigeon said the following in response to our post, “Your Call: I Finally Escaped a Toxic 13-Year Marriage. Now What?” What warning signs of a toxic relationship would you add to this list?
Have a bit of time to enjoy your freedom — just remember that you are still young and you donâ€™t have to be married. Find new hobbies and just really get to know yourself in every sense of the word! And take some time to write down what you would consider â€śwarning signsâ€ť for a new partner… things like:
1. Isolation: Feeling separated from friends and family.
2. Pressure: Feeling like youâ€™re being pressured into anything, either by force or guilt.
3. Physical: Any form of non-consensual physical contact. This could be a range from actually hitting to grabbing and manipulating you into sex.
4. Sense of Self: If you feel like youâ€™re being made to do what he wants all the time and that youâ€™re losing your own interests just to keep them happy.
- 4 Reasons Why Itâ€™s Good to Take Turns During Sex
- How to Tell If Heâ€™s the One
- Iâ€™m Jealous Of My Wifeâ€™s Friends