Most people have that one, fail-safe way that gets them from point A to point O quickly and directly, scenic lookout points be damned! And when you’re busy or tired (read: every minute of every day), it’s easy (and understandable) to resort to that surefire route on the rare occasion you do get around to doing it. But tonight, whether you’re alone or with a partner, give yourself at least 30 minutes — okay, 20 — to try to have an orgasm in a different way. Because the more ways you can train your body to have an orgasm, the opportunities for pleasure you have at your disposal and the less chance your orgasm has of ever getting old (not that that is a huge risk or anything). Here’s how:
- Use a new hand technique: If you always stick with external stimulation with your (or your partner’s) digits, go deep. If you always hit your G-spot, try your PS-spot (which is directly opposite the G-spot in the vaginal canal).
- Get in a different position: If the missionary, for example, is the position you always end with during partner sex, then try to avoid it entirely one night (or at least give yourselves a good ten minutes with doggy style, cowgirl, or whatever).
- Try a new toy: If you usually like, say, a Magic Wand, why not try something designed to be used internally for a change, like a Rabbit-style vibe.
- Just try it without your toy for once: Attempt to recreate the sensation of your vibrator with your hands, your partner’s hands, or even your partner’s mouth. It won’t feel the same, but it won’t necessarily be worse — just different. And variety is the spice of your sex life!
Don’t worry if you haven’t gotten to O-town before time’s up. Remember, the journey is 90% the fun!
- Am I Wired Not to Orgasm?
- 10 Yoga Skills That Will Boost Your Sex Life
- Do Bigger Penises Lead to Different Orgasms for Women?