Our MVP, reader & contributor Johnny, does it again — this time in response to our post “Wise Guys: Do Men Ever Turn Down Casual Sex?” What we really like is how the genders in this comment could be switched and the points would still be relevant (just switch “prove our manhood” to “prove our attractiveness”):
Sure, men turn down casual sex. We do it because:
- We’re being faithful to a partner
- We’re not attracted to the woman
- We like the idea of casual sex, but the reality fills us with fear and anxiety (something most men won’t openly admit).
- We already hit that and aren’t interested anymore.
Much more shocking is how frequently men accept casual sex despite being almost totally disinterested. We do that:
- To prove our manhood
- Because we’ll take what we can get in times of scarcity
- To momentarily forget our pain over another woman
- Because we just can’t stand to see a woman’s sad face when we reject her.
Guys should really turn down casual sex more, if anything.