A weekly roundup of some of our favorite sex- and love-related posts from various blogs and websites:
- Andy Samberg and Justin Timberlake, together again, this time for a little motherlovin’ (video above).
- Speaking of SNL, Esquire‘s Stephen Marche whines that power-hungry career women like Tina Fey’s Liz Lemon on 30 Rock have sacrificed their sex drive on their way up the corporate ladder. Apparently feminism is no fun anymore, now that it’s driving women to accumulate money rather than notches on their bedpost. We’d like to respond but we’re too busy counting our greenbacks.
- Ladies, have you ever wondered what’s the best way to covertly scratch your vadge? Well, Jezebel has the answer.
- Feministing is as shocked as we are about the excellent article on Fox (seriously) which covers new research showing that anorexia and bulimia can lead to a decrease in sex organ functioning and loss of sex drive. (And there we were thinking that anorexia was soooo sexy.)
- Does the word “boyfriend” not do it for you? YourTango has 10 alternatives to the B word. We, however, are sticking with our favorite new term, “boyf.”
- The Frisky has made a list of the 22 Things You Should Never Do in Bed — though we’re not quite sure what that you know means in #9 (“Puke, fart, or you know.”) We’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they’re talking about burping or shitting the bed. But if they’re talking about queefing: um, last time we checked, those emissions of air were completely involuntary. And the sooner we can all get over that, the sooner we can stop freaking out about them when they happen in bed.
- We love any dude site that is gay for Hugh Jackman.
- Our former intern Ariel Servadio is hosting a giveaway contest on her site for reusable maxi pads. We never thought we’d say this, but they’re actually pretty stylish. (And no, they don’t come with a crystal.)
- Slate just launched their new by-and-for-women blog, Double X, and we love everything about it except that we’re not in their blog roll. But maybe soon they’ll invite us to eat lunch at the cool table in the cafeteria.