In honor of June being LGBT Month (officially proclaimed by President Obama), we’ve compiled a fabulous round-up of recent gay-related news:
- In case you live under a rock: New England is officially the coolest part of the country now that New Hampshire is down with gay marriage.
- Hopefully, New York will feel the heat from the nearby states to jump on the gay marriage party wagon.
- The MarriageNY.com campaign for marriage equality has some great videos (see above vid) — you can find the best ones culled at Cephaloblog.
- An openly gay boy beats out 9 girls at his LA high school to become prom queen — and the school administration goes for it!
- Happy Feet 2: A pair of “gay” male penguins is raising an adopted penguin baby together in a German zoo.
- Dueling rallies were held in Fresno recently: The pro-gay-marriage “Meet in the Middle 4 Equality” VS. the anti-gay-marriage “Standing in the Middle of Marriage Equality” (our snarky name).
- Speaking of Prop 8, the two attorneys who fought on opposite sides of the court in the Bush vs. Gore case have joined forces to overturn the gay-marriage ban in California.