photo courtesy of ABC/David Moir
- On a date, do not go on and on about what a nerd you were in high school — that’s a story best told after they’ve fallen in love with the totally rad person you are today.
- That said, do wear cool, memorable pants.
- Never underestimate the power of unexpected flowers and a sweet note.
- Never airbrush on a six-pack (we’re pretty sure the producers insisted on “enhancing” Marcus’s).
- If you have something on your mind that’s bothering you, you owe it to your date to let them know so they don’t take it personally. No need to go into great detail, just give them a heads up that you’re having an off day.
- Men, follow the example of this season’s group of bachelors: they’re affectionate (not just with Andi but with each other), they talk about their emotions easily, they’re not afraid to cry, etc. After all, it’s alright to cry, crying gets the sad out of you…
- “Not everything happens for a reason.” Finally someone said it! Thank you, Marcus!
- If your natural serious face makes you look like you’re smelling something really bad, you might want to work on some alternative expression with practice in a mirror.
- If you don’t feel chemistry with each other, don’t try to force something that’s not there. Just walk away from the relationship with grace and dignity.
- If someone you dated very briefly dies, don’t go on and on about how hard it is for you.
MORE LIKE THIS ON EMandLO.com: