LELO knows a thing or two about great intimacy design:
- They’ve sold 7 million products as of January 2014
- They’re currently sold in 50 international markets
- They’ve won 15 major design and industry awards since 2009
But their most recent project is curiously called the UnDesign Award. They asked entrants to go back to design’s roots, to undesign something and conceptualize something original – and it could be anything at all: an app, an artifact, an image, an item, an accessory, whatever – with a single goal in mind: to encourage togetherness, and to inspire a real human interaction, for anyone, anywhere at any time. In short, to replace connectivity with genuine connection.
Here’s a great graphic short on the WHY of the Award:
Submitting closed on August 1st. The shortlist was announced on August 11th. Now you’ve got until August 31st to vote for your favorite “undesign.” Who deserves the following prizes?
- $1,000 USD
- $300 USD worth of LELO products
- Feature design on Design Award website for a year long
- Feature design on all LELO blogs
- Opportunity for Feature & Interview on Major Design Publications
There will be one winner, announced on September 1st, in each of the following categories:
- Fashion & Accessories
- Technology, Products and Spaces
- Graphic Illustration & Painting
Some entrants seem to have a leg up, as it were, with thousands of votes already counted, while other promising designs are lagging behind in the measly double digits. Is the somewhat cheesy “Intertwined Souls” really 1000 times better than the City Lung idea or the DandyLight? VOTE NOW to decide!
- The World’s Best G-Spotter Just Got Better
- Feel the Force: Star Wars Vibrators
- Lelo’s Iconic Vibrator, Upgraded