Here are the top 10 reasons why our book 150 Shades of Play: A Beginner’s Guide to Kink — now also available in a discreet Kindle edition! — makes the best Valentine’s Day present this year:
- It gives you the great excuse to try something new in the bedroom — perfect for longterm couples on Valentine’s Day.
- It also has staying power. The perspectives it can give you on kinky sex can inspire your sex lives for years to come. It’s the gift that keeps on giving!
- It’s timely and relevant. We’re in the middle of the Fifty Shades series coming to the silver screen. Our book helps put such a huge cultural phenomenon into perspective, in a way that’s fun and flirty (and actually well written).
- It helps round out a nice gift basket of treats for Valentine’s Day: chocolates for your sweetie’s sweet tooth, Fifty Shades on Apple TV, roses for romance, and 150 Shades of Play for playtime! (Way better than some ill-fitting lingerie they’ll never wear.)
- Even if your partner doesn’t love it, you can pass it off as a gag gift that makes a great bathroom book. Just turn to the entry on pony-play!
- The lighthearted tone of 150 Shades of Play takes some of the pressure off of you two to perform (unlike the gift of, say, a strap-on dildo).
- It’s a great way to give your partner hints about what you’d like to try…just happen to leave a bookmark or post-it next to a section that catches your interest, then leave the book on their pillow/night-stand. Or just get the book for yourself, read up on some tips and techniques before Valentine’s Day, and then wow your luvva with your amazing new moves!
- Not only can it improve your sex life, it can improve your social life! You can enliven future cocktail parties with some of the trivia you’ll learn from 150 Shades of Play: Did you know that we get the term “masochist” from Leopold Ritter von Sacher-Masoch, the author of the 1870 novel Venus in Furs? Both he and his main character got off on being degraded by dominant women wearing fur. And that’s one to grow on!
- It’s affordable! Especially on Kindle! You get so much — 230 pages of well-researched history, fascinating cultural information, good sexual advice, precise technical instruction, cool illustrations, and side-splitting humor (basically everything that wasn’t in Fifty Shades) — for so little: dollars less, in fact, than what 8 measly pieces of Godiva chocolates costs! Less even than a single movie ticket in most of this country!
- Not only will you be giving your partner/friend/friend-with-benefits a great gift, you’ll be giving us a gift too: By buying our book, you will literally help keep this site up and running. So won’t you please be our Valentine?
150 Shades of Play is available on Amazon.com, in either a gorgeous glossy paperback or a discreet Kindle edition. Visit 150ShadesOfPlay.com for more information about our book, including excerpts and praise from actual celebrities.
- Top 15 Kinky Celebrities
- A Guide to the Toys in Fifty Shades of Grey
- The Original Fifty Shades of Grey